Re: [oletrucks] 2 Barrel Holley-Weber?

To: <Hudson29@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 2 Barrel Holley-Weber?
From: "Eric and Linda St.Phillips" <lstphil1@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 20:11:12 -0400
Hi All,
I,m doing (2) staged 2 barrel Holley-Webers on my 59 GMC with 270 Cu In.
six. Using a Nicson 2x1 intake with (2) 1 to 2 barrel converters bolted on .
(Tom Langdon sells these..Stovebolt Engine Parts Co.) any 2x1 intake should
work with these.  I also have a GM HEI distributor to install. The Holley
carbs where originally used on F**d Pinto's and the like having 120 to 140
Cu In. fours, so doing the math... 2 carbs = 240 to 280 Cu in ...just about
right for my six. I also have a reproduced Nicson Dual Exhaust Manifold
manufactured by Philips Performance Products.
Tom Langdon has been immensely helpful in woking out this setup and even
modified the headers so I could run a generator driven Power Steering Pump.
Thanks Tom!
The advantages of the Holleys other than cost are readily available parts,
great performance both fuel economy and acceleration wise...small primary
barrels and nice big secondarys. They also have automatic wet chokes piped
to the cooling system if you like/want that sort of thing.  One little trick
however is the choke linkages which pivot 90 degrees off the pivot axis of
the throttle plates ..this will be an interesting linkage if installing a
manual pull choke. Some people have recommended removing the chokes entirely
but I live in the North East and want to get as extended a driving season as
possible. I will run water to the Nicson intake and will probably splice in
the auto chokes. I'll try to get some pictures of this posted when its all
assembled.
Eric A. St.Phillips
1959 GMC 100, long fleetside
Fairport, NY