[oletrucks] 2 Barrel Holley-Weber

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 2 Barrel Holley-Weber
From: rick petty <my49@usa.net>
Date: 29 Aug 99 19:32:11 EDT
OK here goes.  I'm new to the site and recently purchased a '49 3600 in pretty
good condition.  At least it is all there.  Previous owner said it was running
3 years ago when it was parked.  I didn't even try to start it.  I've
disassembled the body and the body shop is working on it.  I struggled with
the decision to restore or reconfigure and have decided to keep appearance as
original as possible with a new drive train (V-8 and auto trans)and
suspension. I built a '32 Ford Coupe, 5 window years (ok decades) ago with a
331 Chrysler Hemi, Ford truck front end and trans etc.  I'm pretty mechanical
but this is new.  I'm ready to work the suspension and drive train.  Money is
always important but not the primary factor. I'm more interested in ending up
with a quality road ready, reliable vehicle as quickly as possible

Here are my questions.

Suspension - I'm reading that the AMC pacer and now Volarie make good
cadidnate for front end. Any other suggestions and what kinds of problems am I
facing?
Engine/Trans - Small Block - Are there conversion kits or is it a pretty
simple install.  What kinds of problems can I avoid with some up front tips?

Lastly - I have no idea of the value or market for the old parts.  When I
mention I converting to a V-8, people get real interested and volunteer to
take the old parts off my hands.  Suggestions?

My direct e-mail is rickpetty@usa.net