[oletrucks] 848 Head?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 848 Head?
From: "Bruce H. Bell" <bluebell@train.missouri.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 21:05:25 -0500
What's the difference between these if any?  I was comparing a spare 235 I
picked up to the one in my truck and found different head casting numbers.
The head on the spare has casting # 3835913  GM16, while the one in my truck
is 3836848 GM22.  Off and on I've heard mention of 848 heads being more
desirable for some reason.  Why, and is the one in my truck one of them?
The spare is out of a 55 2d Series.  The one in the truck has a mid 54
casting date but I don't know what it came out of, as a PO put it in to
replace the original 216.

Thanks,

Bruce Bell
49 3100