Re: [oletrucks] A couple of headliner questions....

To: "Jay Duncanson" <jay@duncanson.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] A couple of headliner questions....
From: "Rob J." <rjjmsj@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 16:04:56 -0700
Oops, sent a blank first.  I think it installs as follows (unfortunatley I
am away from my truck and can't be more specific without being able to get
to it to refresh my memory, but here goes):  put the leading edge of the
front half of the headliner into place (don't remember what that fits into).
The trailing edge of the front half of the headliner should fit into a slot
in the middle support bar.  Then screw the bar into the support rib on the
roof.  Next fit the leading edge of the rear portion into the back slot of
the headliner bar - ths bar (with the screw holes) should have slots in the
front and rear.  The trailing edge of the rear portion of the headliner then
should go into a slot in the very rear bar.  Note that in 1949 there were
two types of headliners.  Early 49 had the middle bar with the screws.
Newer 49s, I believe, used a "floating" bar that didn't need screws.  If
this isn't clear, let me know and I'll look when I get home tomorrow
afternoon.

Rob