[oletrucks] AD suspension mods

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] AD suspension mods
From: Perry Smith <perigrinefalcon@netscape.net>
Date: 11 Sep 99 13:34:40 PDT
Hi All
the Question was asked, was I looking at the right year models? Yes I was. but
I also looked at some 60 thru 66 trucks and guess what? Yep you guessed it,
the front IFS also unbolts from the frame and the crossmember is a intregal
part of the whole system. However I did not make any measurements on those
years. Taday I checked another bone yard and found a good left front fender
for a 58-59 chevy, as soon as my budget has enough cash in it I will go down
and buy it. Then I will look for a right front fender as both of mine are too
far gone to save.

On another note, the idea of developing a common interest with your children
or parent works very well. My two boys are 22 and 20 and it has been the
common interests between us that has bonded us in ways that my father and I
never had. We are currently restoring a 78 Nova Custom coupe that I bought new
and now belongs to my 22 year old. Next in line is a 79 GMC Caballero Diablo
that I found for my 20 year old. You can see pics of them and mine at
www.angelfire.com/az/caballerodiablo or access through the GMC truck web
ring.

Perry Smith

58 GMC Fleetside (fleet truck)