Re: [oletrucks] Ebay - my first time to speak =)

To: ace0027@ibm.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Ebay - my first time to speak =)
From: Mushgilday@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 08:32:42 EDT
  Hey Terry,
                     I'm watching a movie on Encore right now titled "Hanky
Panky" starring Gene Wilder and Gilda Radner. Wilder's running around the
desert in an old rusty orange 59 Apache Stepside. Funny to be reading your
post about seeing old trucks in movies and Bam!, there's one now!
     Everything about this list is terrific, especially the people. Rob had a
great notion back about 8 years ago and it has grown into a fine group of
folks from all over the country ( & overseas ). Quite a variety we have here
too. There's computer technicians, mechanics, law enforcement officials,
doctors, electricians, carpenters, waitresses, ministers, airline pilots,
bush pilots, teachers, veterinarians, engineers, nurses, farmers, plumbers,
lawyers, taxi drivers, business owners, musicians, bartenders, chefs,
etc......a real cross section of America. I think it's mighty fine to see
such a diverse group working together like this.
          Man, I love my truck. I swear "Dwight" knows it too. I remember
being driven to school every morning in the neighbors Chevy Wagon "Betsy"
back in the 60's and that woman would talk to that car like it was her own
kid. I thought she had a screw loose, but now I catch myself doing the same
damn thing!  It's true, we put our heart and soul into our trucks and they
become a part of us.
         This list is strong, and so are the people who come here to
participate. Long live the oletruckers!...and their trucks.

 Mike Gilday