[oletrucks] engine question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] engine question
From: MLayton324@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:42:12 EDT
hey everybody
i having been trying to decide what to do with the tired engine(235) in my 50
3100. it helped me along with the decision this morning on the way to work
with extra smoke and crank knocking pretty good     i need your opinions on
what to do
the 235 ran great   it had already head the head rebuilt     bottom end was
just weak     I have a 292 that is a gm "target" engine   long block     one
of you had told me about an adapter to adapt the 292 to my tranny   also i
assume that i would have to buy all different bolt on accessories   i dont
guess that manifolds,dist,etc interchange between the two engines     i
really love the starter having the floor activated switch   would one work
for a 292?      i guess my question is rebuild the short block on the 235 or
step up to the 292    costs to consider      thanks for your input in advance

mike layton
50 3100