[oletrucks] Transmission Removal

To: "Chevy E-Mail List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Transmission Removal
From: "Brad Rusnak" <b_rusnak@telusplanet.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 22:56:59 -0600
I have a problem with my transmission.
Sometimes, when I take the truck out for a short drive, the transmission
locks up. One time, the transmission locked up at a four way stop. I tried
putting it in reverse and only got about 2 feet before it locked up in
reverse. Had to go back and forth several times before it unlocked. I then
babied the truck home. A friend of mine said to remove the transmission and
have a look inside.
I got as far as the linkage, speedo cable, and a small housing plate on the
back (towards the rear) of the transmission. The engine is a 235 with a
closed type driveshaft.
How do I remove the transmission?

Brad Rusnak
b_rusnak@telusplanet.net