Re: [oletrucks] What is CID for this Engine

To: safesix@att.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] What is CID for this Engine
From: Ross Piercey <ross-piercey@home.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 14:04:51 -0600
Jack:
  Yes, it is a Canadian made GMC truck SN# 2943403771 model 9434 it had
86166 mile on the odometer. The engine has a oil filter system on the
manifold side so would this be a dip and splash engine as you say or am
I barking up the wrong tree with this question, I really don't know much
about old engines.

As for the $300 rebuilt I live in Alberta, Canada and it would cost me a
good chunk of change to buy it and then get it here, thxs for the info
anyway.
I bought it off a farmer for $500.00, it was used to haul grain to the
mill for years it has a 4 speed transmission with floor shifter.
I stripped it down to use the frame, box and drivetrain. I also have a
51 Chevy 1 ton 5 window cab to go in it, i'd like to keep the truck
stock as much as I can, pretty well have two of everything for the
restoration.

thxs
Ross 51 Chevy 3/4 LB 5W