[oletrucks] Pinion bearing oil leak

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Pinion bearing oil leak
From: mmccormick <mmccormick@saw.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 18:00:30 -0800
Dear List,

My '59 3600 is depositing about 3 tablespoons of fluid on the ground
over night. The leak is under the rear end (towards the front) and
appears (according to my manual) to be from the pinion bearing oil seal.
I'm trying to decide what to do with it. This is my daily driver, so I
can't lay it up for long. It doesn't look like too hard of a job, but
what do I know? Special tools? Easy-moderate-difficult?

Thanks for the help,

Mark McCormick
'59 3600

When it's my turn to run the world, once something gets fixed it stays
fixed!