[oletrucks] Engine Identification

To: "old trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Engine Identification
From: "David Heath Trahan" <heath@acadian.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 11:20:20 -0500
Well today is the day I start trying to get "my old one" back on the road.
My first problem that I have run into is the alternator bracket was home
made by the PO and is very flimsy.  I would like to try and find the correct
bracket for this engine but I don't even know what I have.  I do know it is
an older small block V-8.  I can't see the engine casting numbers to try and
identify it that way.  The only numbers I can see clearly are located on the
block directly at the base of the right cylinder head.  The numbers
stenciled there are F0302D.

Is there someone I can contact to help me identify this engine.  I bought a
bracket off of a late 60's C-10 hoping it would work, but, I have an inch of
shims between the bracket and the left head now and it's still not aligned
with the other pulleys.

Thanks again,

Robert T
'53 3100 (not stock)