[oletrucks] Horsepower Help

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Horsepower Help
From: "Jeff Davis" <jsd51@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:37:19 PDT
Hello all,

     First I'd like to say thanks to all for the vast info. on "Bare metal
prep". Don't know where I'd be on the ole beater if it weren't for all the
knowledge in this group.
     Now I'm on to another problem (they just keep coming) with the motor
trany setup. Ordered a Edelbrock Performer RPM intake and cam setup from
Summit and the tech at Edelbrock says I'll need a 2500 stall converter with
this setup as the cam has a very rough idle.

     1) Can a stall converter be added without any other modifications to
the tranny? If not what other mods. are needed?

     2) What's the reprocussions of just sticking with the factory converter
that's in the tranny? (350 turbo.)

     On a different note, I saw a truck at a cruise this weekend that had
the same setup as mine (pacer) and the guy said he got his motor mounts
(350) and tranny crossmember from chassis engineering and they looked real
good. Anyone had any experience with this particular product? Would
appreciate hearing from ya! Tried to email Chassis Engineering, as I
couldn't find these particular items on their web page, but I got no reply.

    Guess I get off here for now (Whew! Long winded huh?) Thanks in advance
for your alls help.

Jeff Davis
'51 custom