[oletrucks] Door locks on lever style handles...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Door locks on lever style handles...
From: "K & B" <apache58truck@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 21:23:19 EDT
Hello Again-

While we were checking out the ole trucks this past weekend, my son noticed
that the driver side door handle (lever style) did not have the "covered
key-slot", but the passenger side does.  He asked me why the driver's side
was without a keylock.  "Dad, how did they lock the driver door?" Well... I
couldn't answer him, so we're asking the list.

How did the driver lock and unlock the driver side door without reaching
over from the passenger side?

This might seem like a silly question, but we're very interested in finding
out the answer.

Once again... thanks in advance for all that we're about to learn from you
all!  :-)

Ken & Brian

K&B
Father & Son 1959 Apache Fleetside Truck Project in NJ
apache58truck@hotmail.com
Everyone asks:
Why the 58 in the e-mail address if the truck is a 59?
Our only reply:
When we bought it they told us it was a 58. When we
discovered it was really a 59... it was too late to
change the address! Plus, someday we might buy a 58 too! :-)
-