[oletrucks] electric ww

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] electric ww
From: mytruck@hehe.com
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 2:24:1 -0600
I just picked up an electric windshield wiper motor and assembly from a
salvage yard.  It was sitting in the back of a 59 chevy 1/2 ton which was
in the middle of two others, one 58, one 59.  I took my chances that it
might fit a 59 and bought it.  I was wondering if someone could describe a
59 electric ww motor or tell me if any of this means anything:
TYPE E 12 V
5045657
307 2 5A

It is black, has three mounting holes with rubber sleeves.  It has right
next to the motor a solonoid/vacuum looking assembly(which I have not quite
figured out yet), with a plastic cover.  The motor runs nice and the
solonoid seems to work.  I will take a closer look at my trucks vacuum
system next time I am there and see if it looks like it'll mount.  I have
never worked on a windshield wiper system except my vacuum one, but I
cannot understand why there are vacuum connections on an electric one... I
don't get to work on my truck(in a barn 250 miles and several counties
away) very often so I thought maybe someone on the list could give me some
insight on this motor.  THanks!!

Tex Carr
59 1/2 step

http://www.MyOwnEmail.com