Re: [oletrucks] classic trucks

To: kvdurand@mail.esc4.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] classic trucks
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 06:14:01 EDT
<<
 I just got my latest issue of Classic Trucks. Who proofreads this thing
 anyway? Last month, Matt Emery kept torquing bolts to x amount of psi.
 PSI?!?!?!?!?!? What happened to ft-lbs? Same thing this month. I thought
 things would get better. >>

I've been using Randy Rundle's articles in various magazines for humor only.
I play the game "How many mistakes can I find in this article".  In the
latest copy of Old Cars Weakly he says water can hold lots of heat (in a
cooling system) because the molecules are spaced far apart.  Then when the
spaces are saturated steam forms.  Skinned Knuckles had an article refuting
his junk science recently.  Delightful.  He once talked about oxygenated
gasoline having less energy than old formula because the oxygen was whipped
in like bubbles in whip cream.  It's the editors' fault for not getting
technical info reviewed for accuracy.
Bob ADler