Re: [oletrucks] 2-ton truck weight??

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 2-ton truck weight??
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 14:27:27 -0700
Hi Kevin,
Do you have a model # off the door tag or hood trim?? Iff you're looking
for a ball park figure try 5000 - 5500 lbs curb weight.

I have the 53 packet from GM and there is quite a difference between some
of the models. My  2 ton COE  (5703) is listed with a curb weight of 4905lbs.
A  2 ton platform (6108) is listed at 5275 lbs and (6109) stake truck 5510 lbs.
Still listed as a 2 ton the mod 6408 is 5480 lbs and a 6409 is 5810 lbs.
The XX08 models are the flat beds and it appears the XX09's are with stakes,
which I presume accounts for the additional weight.  The higher the numbers
indicates a longer wheel base, thus more frame, more weight.
>Does anyone know the approximate weight of a '53 2-ton flatbed truck??
>Thanks.
>
>Kevin Brown
>Odessa, MO

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer          e-mail - bfischer@utm.net

robert.fischer@cdc.com

rfischer@worldnet.att.net