[oletrucks] Front Name Plate Fixings

To: old-chevy-truck@onelist.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Front Name Plate Fixings
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 13:13:25 EDT
    Rob had suggested that perhaps he had a repop name plate because his
fixings were studs and nuts while mine were the round headed (maybe button
headed) clutch drive screws. Bob ADler had mentioned that he saw studs and
nuts (well rusted) in his upstate New York location.
    While we might be talking about year to year variations, I have my doubts
as he has doubtless seen many '51s before. My guess is we are looking at
regional variations. My truck was built in Van Nuys, CA while the majority of
the ones in NY would not have been. It may not have even been a planned
variation. Perhaps one bright winter morning (it's always bright in SoCal) in
November of 1951 the name plate stud bin ran low, perhaps because of Korean
War shortages, or perhaps just because, and the bin was filled with something
that happened to be handy and would work. That sort of thing happens in
manufacturing.

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://www.aeromark.net