Re: [oletrucks] 55 GMC +/- 6/12

To: "PS Goldstein" <moqueguano@yahoo.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55 GMC +/- 6/12
From: "jack halton" <safesix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 19:42:16 -0400
Advance Design GMCs were indeed positive ground. Check to see which battery
cable is grounded to the frame. If it's been changed to negative ground, the
(-) negative cable will be grounded, and the (+) will go to the starter.
Otherwise it's still positive ground.

If changed to 12 volt, your battery, coil and regulator will be 12 volt and
at least the regulator should be so marked. The generator is not a good
indicator because it could contain 12V field coils in a 6V case. And, of
course all the bulbs will be 12 volt.

Either way, a 12 volt battery can be used for a jump-start, with no ill
effects.

Jack / Winter Park FL