[oletrucks] speedo gear

To: oletrucks list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] speedo gear
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:26:07 -0700
Tex--

I used to have the original gear from a truck like yours, but mailed it
to someone on the list a couple years ago.

I think you would want the 23 or 24 tooth, but you have to make sure
it's the right diameter...usually the gears with that many teeth were
slightly bigger in diameter, and used with a smaller drive gear.  So,
you should probably stick with the 22 tooth, or if you get one with more
teeth, compare it carefully to the 22 tooth to make sure it is the same
diameter (at the gear).

Jim

BTW, my truck has 235 tires which I think are 26.5 inches?  Would it
still
be the 22 teeth?

Thanks, Tex Carr