[oletrucks] Steering Box Adjust

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Steering Box Adjust
From: Thomas M OBrien <tmobrien@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 12:18:53 -0700
The steering in my 60 Apache is very loose.  I turn the wheel about 1/8 -
1/4 turn before I can feel the gears engage.  The rest of the steering
seems fine, but I have no way of testing it under load.

I think the steering box is similar to the TF trucks.  I have a shop
manual, but since I'm just a backyard mechanic, I need help in how to
adjust & tighten the worn gears in the box.  How do you adjust the nut
(?) at the top of the box or the adjusting screw on the side in laymans
terms.

Thanks for your help.

Tom O (Oregon)
60 Apache K20