Re: [oletrucks] brake line pluming

To: greyhawk2@earthlink.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] brake line pluming
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:53:44 EDT
In a message dated 10/21/99 7:50:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
greyhawk2@earthlink.net writes:

> In the Dec. Issue of Classic Trucks, there is an article on brake
>  lines. On page 69 there is a picture with a caption saying, "it is
>  very important to wrap the connectors with Teflon tape" . Now, I
>  remember reading somewhere, not to ever use Teflon tape on brake
>  line fittings. So which is it?
>  Ben Bennett
>  55 2nd in S. CA.

  Ben,

  If the connections are compression type fittings, never use Teflon tape, if
for some reason you're using a union type connector, the use the Teflon tape.

  FWIW, I've never seen anything but flared compression type connectors on
brake lines.

  Mike