[oletrucks] Insurance

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Insurance
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 21:20:10 EDT
    Quite a few folks have commented on the insurance situation and I thought
a little actual experience might be helpful. While I have heard generally
good things about the specialty antique auto policies, I don't know anybody
that has actually needed to file a claim and therefore cannot give an opinion
as to the service.
    In my own case, J.C. Taylor added my '51 AD to an existing antique car
policy for an addition $19 (yup, that's right, nineteen) per YEAR. As has
been mentioned, the policy is an agreed value one, and that amount was for
either $3000. or $3500. You must have another car on a regular policy, and
supply a photograph of your vehicle for their records. They like to see less
than 2500 miles per year, a figure I have never exceeded with any of the
vehicles. The total yearly bill for 6 antique cars and motorcycles (some of
which actually run) is less than $400. per year.

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://www.aeromark.net