[oletrucks] Recently acquired 235. Looking for rebuild guide.

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Recently acquired 235. Looking for rebuild guide.
From: "William Schickling" <bugeye@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 10:42:29 -0400
List,

I finally found a 235 within a hour of my home. It is a great running 54. I
was looking for a project to rebuild, but this one is in a 54 car that the
guy wants to replace with a 350. He started it right up and I really got to
"listen to it run". That was a first for me. I've had a couple people
advertise that over the years, but this was the first time it actually took
place while I was there.

I guess I will still take it apart and do the rebuild. The article in
"Classic Trucks" about 200 hp from a 235 has me inspired. I won't be boring
mine 90 over but it still had some great suggestions.

Finally the point of my post. What is the best resource material for
rebuilding a 54 235. I have my "Cheverolet Truck Shop Manual". But that is
48 to 51 with 52 suppliment. Is there a "How to rebuild your inline 6" book
?

Bill Schickling