[oletrucks] Need a reference to a glass installer

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Need a reference to a glass installer
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:47:31 -0500
My 57 GMC currently has a standard windshield gasket installed.  I have
a set of stainless trim that is the "deluxe" treatment for the windshield.
gave the trim and a new "deluxe" gasket to a local windshield installation
company.  They called me back saying that there was something wrong
with the gasket.  When I went to their shop, I found that they installed
the gasket inside out.  They had used the slot that should mount the
stainless trim to put the glass in, the slot that is supposed to mount to
the cab
was inside out, but did somehow attach to the cab and they could not figure
out
how to get the stainless trim pieces to fit into the slot that should have
been
occupied by the windshield.  I had them reinstall the original standard
gasket
and ordered another "deluxe" gasket at their expense.

I am now looking for an "experienced" installer in the Houston area,
preferably north of town.  Anyone on the list somewhere near Houston
ever had a deluxe windshield gasket and trim installed?