[oletrucks] GMC VIN in secret place?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] GMC VIN in secret place?
From: safesix@worldnet.att.net
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 21:33:12 +0000
The '50 GMC I'm looking at is missing the VIN plate.
Checked with the Florida DMV, to see what I'm going to
be faced with. They insist that the Auto Theft Division
knows a secret place on the frame where the original VIN
is stamped. I know this is the case on later vehicles,
but thought we had disproved this myth a long time back,
on this list. Can anyone shed any light? If there is
such a VIN - where is it?

Jack / Winter Park FL