[oletrucks] Interchanging Parts

To: "old trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Interchanging Parts
From: "David Heath Trahan" <heath@acadian.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 20:19:23 -0500
Well it seems as though Murphy is hanging out in my driveway.  It's one step
forward and two steps back.  I'm finding more and more rust in the worst
possible places.  So much for the crying.  I ordered a shop manual for my 53
Chevy 3100.  I thought it was supposed to be for 47-53, but the cover says
47-52.  Well here goes,  I found a pre 1953 pickup parked under an old tree
at an abandoned house locally.  I have a friend who is trying to find out
who it belongs to.  It appears that it has been there for some time.  From
what I can see, it does not appear to have as much rust as mine.  Will
fenders,  doors, and bed from an older model interchange with my '53?

Thanks again,  I learn something from you'll daily.

Also, about the T/P filters, an older friend of mine was telling me that
Fram offered a specialty type filter that used paper as its medium and was
used in conjunction with the OEM filter.  He swears by it.  He is talking
about putting it on a new Suburban he just bought.  I'll let you know what
this looks like after I see it in place.

Later

Robert T.
53- 3100