[oletrucks] (no subject)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] (no subject)
From: MRICHAGANG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 07:31:08 EDT
I'm in the process of buying a "48" 1 1/2 ton Chevy. It doesnt have a dump
bed and I was wondering how difficult it would be to convert.  What size of
cylinder is needed, is there a fluid reservoir,dump cable or lever?  I have a
1 1/2  ton at a junkyard that I've been taking parts from and it has a dump
bed on it but it"s a regular dump truck bed not a farm truck bed. The dump
cylinder on this truck is about 6" around and has a smaller cylinder attached
to it's side that is about 1 1/2".  Is that the reservoir? Are there any
manuals out there that address the issue of the Chevy AD dump bed??  I have
an idea of what I need, but thats about it!     Thanks for your time, Mike