Re: [oletrucks] '51 Parts truck

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '51 Parts truck
From: "Keith Breuer" <kbreuer@sgi.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 11:37:01 -0500
> I have a '49 1/2 ton truck, and have found a '51 1/2 ton that is to be sold
> as a parts truck ($400). The engine is seized on the '51, but the body and
> tranny are in good shape. Will most of the parts(body & mechanical)
> interchange?

Just about everything should. If your truck is an "Early '49" things
like the headliner (if it is still there in the 51) and the seal around
the doors were different. Of course the doors are different, the 51
having the vent glass and the 51 also doesn't have a side cowl vent.
Also the shocks are different on the 51.

Hope this helps.

Keith Breuer
kbreuer@sgi.net

My 1947 3/4 ton Chevy Web Site