[oletrucks] Bellhousing and flywheels

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Bellhousing and flywheels
From: "Antonio R. Tijerino" <antonio@innercite.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 23:04:22 -0800
Hi,
I am in the process of installing a '57 Chevy 235 car engine into my '53
1/2 Chevy truck. I have the original bellhousing from the truck, a brand
new zoom clutch and pressure plate and the original flywheel (which I
had resurfaced recently). I was wondering if it would be possible to use
the Flywheel and starter from the '57 car instead of using my original
flywheel and foot pedal starter. I like the '57 starter better because
it is a 12V unit and uses a solenoid on the starter instead of the foot
pedal in the truck. I noticed that the number of teeth between the two
flywheels is different, I think the '57 car flywheel has more teeth per
inch than the truck flywheel.
Another related question: What is the bolt tightening spec. for the
flywheel? Does anybody know how many lbs to apply?
I have tried to loosen those bolts and boy! they are tight, I think a
gorilla tigthten them, I will try to use a breaker bar tomorrow, any
hints on how to do this better without busting my knuckles?
Thanks,

Antonio,
'53 3100