RE: [oletrucks] New Gel Cells

To: <Hudson29@aol.com>, <old-chevy-truck@onelist.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] New Gel Cells
From: "Gordon and Debra Tibbs" <tibbers@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 19:10:34 -0800
Exide is making a battery under several names that is essentially an Optima
twin.  Gel...spiral grid technology...etc.  The guys at NAPA the other day
said they prefer to sell the Exide battery because they can warrant it so
much more easily that the Optimas.  Apparently they have to call in an
Optima rep who handles all the warranty claims while they as technically
capable folks in their own right could take care of the Exides right in the
store themselves.  Now....I run a twin Optima setup in my Jeep......they are
the best I have ever had in a rig.........no muss no fuss, and they look
pretty cool as batteries go......but the guy also said they were running
about 25 bucks less per unit....I will have to look at them pretty hard as
the next need arises.

Gordon