[oletrucks] rear ends

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] rear ends
From: "Brian m" <pkupman57@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 18:50:30 PST
hi,
i figured since everyone was talking about rear ends, and i was thinking
about them today, it was a good time to ask my questions,
first off, i have a 1957 chevy truck with a rear end from i believe a '76
caddilac seville (its a really big rearend, gets good freeway mileage
((18+)) though i dont know the ratio, there is a number cast into it, but i
dont have anything to check it with) and ive been thinking of getting a rear
end from either a '96 camaro, '99 chevy silverado, or '99 F-150. i want this
becuase i want a rear either with a bolt pattern that will match the front
disk brakes (kit from GSPP, later model chevy full size car parts) and i
want rear disk brakes. my question is which of those 3 is the EZest to
install and the over all best. the Ford would be EZest for me to get since i
work at the ford dealership for ROP and my instructor can get it for me with
his employee discount. but i want chevy bolt pattern.
also, i have the original power brake booster and master cylinder, would i
need a new M/C for 4 wheel disk brakes, or is that only for drum/ disk
combos?
thanks in advance
Brian
Jess, '57 chevy 3200