[oletrucks] Help ID a mystery radio!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Help ID a mystery radio!
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 20:59:22 EST
Hi everyone,

While a friend was cleaning out his garage he found a radio that he thought
was out of a '53 Chev pickup he owned 20 or so years ago. He gave it to me
with hopes that I could use it in my '53 GMC because the original radio I
have is in real bad shape. I set the original GMC radio next to the one he
gave me for comparison and they're not the same. The cases are shaped
slightly different, but they're both in generally the same configuration. The
dial face and knobs are all the same spacing and size, but the mystery radio
has a real nice chromed pot metal piece that surrounds the knobs and dial and
says "super deluxe" on it. The pushbuttons and dial are also in a totally
different configuration than the original radio. The mystery radio doesn't
say Chevrolet or GM anywhere or give any hint of the manufacturer or make on
the outside of the radio. The only ID on the thing is a a tag with serial #
46-R-6370 on it. Could this radio be some sort of deluxe option for a '53
Chev truck or is it just from some other vehicle altogether? Please let me
know if you can help.

Dustin
50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons