Re: [oletrucks] 5 spd behind a 235?

To: <trks@javanet.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 5 spd behind a 235?
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 01:19:17 -0800
Hi Grant:

Thanks for the info about the S10 version of the T-5.  I couldn't tell if it
bolted up normally or not from the info I was able to gather.  The wide
ratios in that version put me off.  Since I was having a fresh rebuild done,
I opted for the close ratio version.   The close ratio T-5's ratios are:

2.95, 1.94, 1.34, 1.00, 0.72 (0.80, 0.63 optional)

As to the 17 or 18 degree twist in many of the T-5 versions, you can take a
look at http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/BorgWarner/bwt56pics.html
which has nice pictures of a T-5 to T-56 conversion, and shows the offset in
the T-5 bellhousing as well as the adapter necessary to bolt in the T-56.

Regards,

Grant S. gls@4link.net