Re: [oletrucks] Front end sway

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Front end sway
From: Wayne Osborne <wcosborne@inetnow.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 09:29:05 -0500
Prior to redoing my front end with the mono leafs, my truck used to do
the same thing. I referred my front end action as darting. I would hit a
minor bump and the truck would quickly try to dart to one side or the
other. I noticed it mostly when I would hit a bump with my right front tire.
The problem was found to be that the main leaf spring-the bushing had
worn in an egg shape opposed to the round that it should be, i'm referring
to the rear mounts of the front springs, this point should be stationary
as should not move. When I hit a bump the entire right front axle would
shift and conform to the oblonged hole and what I would feel would be the
"dart". Not sure if the roll you're referring to is the same thing, but my
truck sure feels much safer after the rebuilt...  Wayne