[oletrucks] Radiator Hoses & Dipstick

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Radiator Hoses & Dipstick
From: AKAMF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 12:02:50 EST
Hi All,
Looked in the archives, my printed copies and the list archives but couldn't
find what I was looking for. I need a new lower hose for my 55/2nd 3/4 ton
stock 235. I was sure someone posted a part no. of a molded hose that would
work. I don't want to use a flex and I spent about an hour going through the
hoses as the parts store looking for something close. Anybody got a Part no?

Another question.  I found out that my dipstick reads full when I have about
7 quarts of oil in the pan.(I have been driving around that way for about a
year, no wonder I had leaks).  I remember replacing the tube that the
dipstick slides in a long time ago. I must have misread the instructions,
because it needed to be trimmed to a certain length. If someone with a 235
could measure the length of the tube sticking out of the engine, I'd
appreciate it.
Thanks
Brian (akamf@aol.com)
55/2nd 3600  (leaking radiator hose)