[oletrucks] '61 GMC stuff

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] '61 GMC stuff
From: Conrad Vogel <conrad@nidlink.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:20:48 -0800
    I have a '61 GMC 1000 series pickup and a '61 4000 truck.  I want to
start restoring my pickup, and am needing help decifering the VINs.  I
called the GMC number and asked a few people about the Restoration Pack,
but they had no idea what I was talking about.  They gave me a number to
the GMC Restoration Parts dept., but All I could do there was become a
parts dealer and a few other things by voice mail.  I called the Chevy
number and asked about a Restoration Pack, and they told me that the
resto dept was shut down until the beginning of the new year - at least
they knew what I was talking about.
    I have an old 1960 GMC truck shop manual, and a 1961 Chevrolet truck
shop manual supplement, but I can't find the info (such as what the CN
stands for).

Vins:

1002 CN 6509 A (pickup w/ 305 v6 engine)
4008 CN 6509 E (truck w/ 305b(?) v6 engine)

Thanks for any help, and pictures of them are on my truck page below.

--
Conrad Vogel
mailto:conrad@nidlink.com