Re: [oletrucks] canadian trucks

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] canadian trucks
From: "Blaine & Maggie Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 10:33:55 -0700
You where looking for a northern, and as far as I'm aware, I'm as far north
as this list goes.

Yes, the model numbers were definitely different. In the US my 59 GMC would
have been called a model 100, and here in Canada it is a model 9310.  The
9310 is a short wheel  base (114 inches) 1/2 ton (5000 GVW), and the 9320
was a long wheel base(123 1/4 inches) 1/2 ton (5000 GVW).

Engine sizes where also different. The standard engine in a 9310 was a 6
cylinder Chev 235 (135 hp), and the 8 cylinder 283 (160 hp) was an option.
On the US model 100 I understand they came with a 270.

My truck did come with a heavy duty 3 speed transmission, which does not
have a sychromeshed first gear.

As for serial numbers, I do not have any information on decoding them in my
Operators Manual. Thanks again to John Sutherland, a fellow list member for
selling my the manual.

Blaine Dumkee
Fort Smith NT
Canada