[oletrucks] Tires and wheels

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Tires and wheels
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:32:58 -0800
There's been a lot of discussion among the members about wheels and tires,
radial vs. bias, tube vs. tubeless and the list goes on.  Several have
mentioned steering problems at high speeds when hitting a bump.  Fortunately
I have not had this occurrence, and don't know whether it is a factor of my
wheel/tire arrangement or not, but I am really happy with what I have.  I
replaced my 15" split rims with solid Ford 16's that have the same bolt
pattern as Chevy, and am running 245/75R-16's by Goodrich.  I get a good
smooth ride (as smooth as can be expected), and a heck of an increase in
speed at the same rpms, not to mention the increased gas mileage.  Seems to
be the perfect wheel tire combination (at least for my truck),  and really
looks good.

Smokey Culver
'50 3600 5-window (mine) & '56 3600 (hers)