Re: [oletrucks] 1-ton rear gears

To: "Wayne Osborne" <wcosborne@inetnow.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1-ton rear gears
From: "Norm" <dahorse@jvlnet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 20:57:04 -0600
> Does anyone know of a supplier that carries replacement rear gears for
> a 1-ton 56 dually rear end?  I know I know,,ya cant even get 'em for
> 1/2 tons, but thought I would ask.....  To you 1-ton owner,
> Has anyone attempted to replace the rear end in a dually with a later
model
> setup? or at least looked into it.    Thanks Wayne

Wayne.....Question?.....does the 1 ton use the same rear end as the 3/4 ton
does? Cuz I was looking under some of my landlords trucks and it sure looks
like the tonner he has here is the same "style" rear end...the axle itself
is differant but it looks like the carrier etc......may be the same?

Anyways what I am getting at, is that if it's the same, ya can get a ring
and pinion from any 3/4 ton chevy (almost) from 47-72 basically! And for
lack of finding used regardless of what ring and pinion yours uses......try
here: Randys Ring and Pinion  1-888-324-9114 no web page that I know
of...but if they don't have it.......no one will! Good luck!

Norm