Re: [oletrucks] Disc brakes vs. original equipment

To: "ROGER GLEASON" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Disc brakes vs. original equipment
From: "Norm" <dahorse@jvlnet.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 19:41:41 -0600
> > Well Mark......:-) I would say maybe 20% if I had to guess....I didn't
take
> > the time to do the math.....was a spurr of the moment engineering
> > improvement based on the assumption that the faster ya spin it the
better it
> > works :-)
> >
> > Norm
>

> Not true! The clothes need to free fall to dry quicker. If they are
> stuck to the side of the drum they will not dry as quickly! Thats why
> they have the vanes in the side of the tubs ... to lift the clothes
> up and let them fall into the heated stream of air in the center!:-)
> Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
> Rogerg

This sir sounds like a man that has been around a few dryers....:-)  and I
can actually see the therory in what you say.....But I have a antique
Maytag.....heating element surrounds the drum on this model! And my wife
swears it actually cut about 20min off the drying time...(my pulley) But it
could have just been that it was going slower than it was supposed to
before....But as long as she thinks I may have improved it....I will be
allowed to keep playing with her appliences :-)  have had long term plans
for a air powered blender!

Norm