[oletrucks] question about TF Suburban Carryalls

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] question about TF Suburban Carryalls
From: varanus@phoenix.net
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 13:06:38 -0600
Hi fellas:

I noticed on my 58 suburban with rear panel doors that there are
several "plates" along the vertical panel door jamb and upper jambs
which appear to have no function.  I speculate that these plates cover
the mounting areas for the optional drop/lift gate assembly had the
owner ordered the suburban with drop gates instead of panel doors.

Does anyone know if a drop/lift gate assembly will bolt right in with
the appropriate accompanying hardware?

Also, was 59 drop/lift gate assembly identical to the 58 assemblies?? I
think they were.  Does anyone know of a complete decent condition
58 or 59 drop/lift gate assembly???   I want to swap out my panel
doors as this is more of a family truck than a work truck.

Thanks.
Eric Pesci