Re: [oletrucks] GMC Engine Number

To: "Jerry Charles" <jpchas@wcnet.org>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] GMC Engine Number
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 23:05:56 -0500
Jerry,

    That sounds more like a casting number than a engine number. Engine
number should be stamped on a pad just behind the distributor. The first 3
digits should be the displacement.

    Unless it's a Canadian GMC - which had Chevy stovebolt engines. If it's
a GMC it will have 5 freeze plugs on the intake side.

Jack / Winter Park FL