Re: [oletrucks] Pulsing brakes

To: "Keith" <kvdurand@mail.esc4.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Pulsing brakes
From: "R.B. Smith" <rsmith@nckcn.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 10:27:04 -0600
I had a similar experience on a later model vehicle.  It turned out that
when we had some work done on the car the jerks used an air ratchet that put
over 120 LBS of torgue on the lug nuts.  When we used the breaks and they
got warm this overtightness caused the rotors to warp.  The owners mannual
calls for 90 lbs of torque on the lug nuts.  This warping causes a pulsating
sensation during breaking due to the uneven surfaces of the rotors.  This is
one cause I'm sure there could be others.

Bartman
rsmith@nckcn.com
OutStandingInMyField
Somewhere on the High Plaines of Kansas