[oletrucks] hit by a truck

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] hit by a truck
From: Johngage@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 21:57:32 -0500 (EST)
This is a true story....so don't laugh too hard.

Monday evening I decided to finish up the job I'd started the night
before..changing the oil pan gasket on my 59 3100.

Well, everything was just about finished, just wrapping it up:  Change the
oil filter, put the headers back on, and put the starter back in.

Well, I got to the starter....put in the first bolt, left it hanging and
reached over for the second bolt.

I guess I didn't have the first bolt threaded as much as I
thought.....because the next thing I remeber is seeing stars!  Ya, I
know...."Don't lay directly under the starter!"....I was over to one side,
it must have bounced off the header or????

A starter is nothing to be hit with...I've got a broken nose, and have a
cracked orbital bone (eye socket)....busted lip, black eyes and a cut from
one corner of my eye to the other.

Yes, I did finish getting it all back togethor...and then, after I cleaned
up my eye...I weighed the *#@^%! starter...it weighs 35 pounds!!  No wonder
it hurt!

Do any of you guys, who have been working on trucks a while, have any
similar stories?

Not only is my face smashed...sooo is my pride.  I've been workin' on cars
and trucks a long time....never any bodily damage...other than busted
knuckles etc.....

Just funny stuff...like mine...not : "The guy next door had the fan fly off
his 73 Pinto and cut off his head."

John Schulz
59 3100 Stepside.....Christine?