Re: [oletrucks] windshield & wiper motor replacement

To: Dave P <my51truck@eudoramail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] windshield & wiper motor replacement
From: "Alan D. Gingles" <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 23:01:58 -0700
After much fuss, bad words, and a ripped gasket, I too had to take my truck in
to the "professionals" to have the rear window installed. Karen and I got the
windshield replaced in 20 minutes by ourselves last summer, so I figured the
rear window would be a breeze. Hah! After ordering another new gasket, the
glass shop got it installed in a very short time. Turns out they don't use the
rope trick for the rear windows,
but a little teflon stick. They also don't install the lock bead until after
the window is in. DOH!!! I know better if I ever have to do it again! They only
charged me $25 for the labour, so I can't really complain. At least I don't
have that piece of poly and duct tape flapping in the wind any more!

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy 1314
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles