Re: [oletrucks] Tires

To: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>, "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Tires
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 19:55:48 -0600
Well, after reading the thread, I have more questions than answers. The
solution of going with Radials for better handling sounds good, but I want
to maintain the tall skinny look as was original on the 50 3100's. Were you
able to do this with radials? Meanwhile, is there a brand name that is
better than another? The Firestone web site has everything they offer, but
is useless to me since I have no idea how to shop for tires for the old
truck. Is there vendors for (new) old truck tires? How about pictures of
trucks with radials vs bias? What exact size am I looking for? The thread
had about 4 different sizes. I want to restore the old truck to original as
much as possible but then again I am cost conscious. 80-90$ is pretty high
when you are interested in 5 tires!