Re: [oletrucks] heaters

To: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] heaters
From: "Alan D. Gingles" <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 10:12:39 -0700
To give you a graphic example of the difference fresh or recirculating air
makes...check out any import car on a very cold day. If all the windows are
frosted over, even with the heater on full blast, then they have the air control
set to recirculated air. What happens is the heater reuses the old, moist air
from inside the car, resulting in frosted windows. Take that same car and switch
it over to fresh air, and the windows will clear in minutes. It's quite amazing,
but it does make a big difference.

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy 1314 (up in the great white north)
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles