[oletrucks] Public sector funeral.

To: <Hudson29@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Public sector funeral.
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 22:53:32 -0800
Hi Paul,

>Grant, I just gotta know, no lemme guess. Let's see, "flush twice, it's a
long way to City Hall?"

>No, more likely over your shoulder, into the bin, and the Tuesday A.M. to
the County Landfill?

Your surmise is correct.  I ruled out a naval burial because the little
thing was so light I didn't think it would sink enough to get swept away.

In the old days, before the days of automation, a "civil ceremony" came
complete with a crew of 2 or 3 pallbearers.  These days, the city only
supplies the officiant, and it's a hurried drive-thru service.

Makes you wonder what you pay your property taxes for.

Regards,

Grant S. gls@4link.net

PS.  Anyone ever read "The loved one" by Evelyn Waugh?  It's a black comedy
about the Hollywood cemetary industry.  They made it into a movie in the
'60s with Roddy MacDowell, John Gielgud and Jonathan Winters.  I strongly
recommend it if you haven't.   Be ready to laugh.