Re: [oletrucks] Power Brakes

To: "Alan D. Gingles" <agingles@nucleus.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Power Brakes
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 12:09:03 -0500
Alan, did you use the master cylinder and brake pedal setup out of the
Parisienne?  I am just in the mood for another junkyard crawl for a master
cylinder and pedal assembly (no snow here in MA yet!).  I did not want to use a
m.c. that installs under the floor, and I'd really like to use a hanging brake
pedal setup.  Fabbing supports, firewall bracing, etc is no problem.  I'm
assuming I should be looking for a donor car that has a disk/drum combination so
that I'd keep the appropriate master cylinder size.  When I see that aftermarket
"new" mc/booster/pedal assemblies are in the order of $350 and + + +, well it
reinforces the old scrounging spirit!  I had not considered buying a complete
donor vehicle at this point, since my front and rear suspensions, rear end, and
transmission are all taken care of, but I might be considering a donor if I
could
find a wrecked or cancerous car with a decent small block.

Wally / 53 3100 rod project