Re: [oletrucks] 58 parts on my 59

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 58 parts on my 59
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 22:29:28 -0500
Brian, if the '58 is a 1-1/2 ton model it should be a 4000 series.  It
shares your cab,doors, engine and 4 speed transmission, although the 4000
has a hand brake bolted to the rear of it's transmission.

As far as the front end sheet metal is concerned ONLY the hood will work.
The BIG trucks have larger tires and require larger fenders with bigger
wheel openings.  The grille is also different.

You should look for a '58 or '59 3000 series so that more parts can be used
or traded.....not to many guys looking for the larger truck parts!

The title with the 1-1/2 ton will also have a 14,000 pound rating!  I don't
know what your DMV will charge for tags, but it could be much higher than
normal pickup tags if you used it!

Could the dump truck be a 1 ton 3800 series?

Keep the question coming!  Thats how we all learn!

Mike B. '56 8400 Wrecker  :)